Rules and Timing
Only intercontinental journalist teams consisting of at least one Sub-Saharan African and one European journalist are eligible to apply. Preference goes teams of which the African member(s) is/are working in DR Congo, Uganda, Nigeria or Mozambique, although others are also eligible.
In order to be eligible for application, the teams have to ensure that their story will be published in at least one African and one European country. Therefore, during the application procedure they will be asked to upload letters of intent for publication from at least one African and one European news platform.
Focus should be on financial flows and/or governance.
There are two application rounds for the pilot project, one on June 8th and one on August 17th. Underneath a(n approximate) timeline:
- May 22 — application module online
- June 8th — DEADLINE of the first application round at 11.59 pm Brussels time
- July 2nd — first jury meeting
- August 17th — DEADLINE of the second application round at 11.59 pm Brussels time
- Appr. September 15th — second jury meeting